Thursday, February 17, 2011

No anacondas yet.... but here's where we are

Here is a picture outside our hotel window of the city of Georgetown, Guyana .

And here's a picture of our sweet air-conditioned hotel room...


Interesting Georgetown fact: the city is 1.5 meters (5 ft) under sea level, consequently no building is allowed to be higher than 5 stories.

I know it's not much info but there hasn't been a lot to report since we've just been training and practically under house arrest in the hotel, of course for security until we've been further acquainted with the ways of Lady Guyana. More to come soon.

Love,
Nate

1 comment:

  1. So, what you're saying is that you got there...place is a total dump, and you're moving back to the states? This is great news. Portland is real hot right now...there's even this TV show called Portlandia which is documenting how weird and hip it is. Exciting times. If you wait too long, the fad will be over and it wont be cool to move to Portland anymore.

    Point being, I miss you guys and am excited you have a blog for me to convince you to move back and spend some quality time with Tom. Have you heard of the 5 Love Languages? If not, look them up. My love language is quality time...something I have not gotten from either of you since my younger days back in Gainesville. I was thinking the other day, Wow I was FAT back in Gainesville. How did i let that happen? I'm blaming the both of you.

    All joke attempts aside, I cannot wait to hear about the amazing work you're about to do down there...and even though i just told you otherwise, Portland will wait. The rest of the world will wait, and the time is now to live where we are. For me, that is on my sunny seattle beach helping the inner city kids laugh at the white man because i think i can dance like black people...but for some reason its funny. And for you, its being in the moment there in SA, soaking it up, learning, teaching and just being. Cant wait to hear more about it!

    Tom

    ReplyDelete